Sunday, October 5, 2008

Nothing much to report

"The Bat Cave" is what I have named the garage. It always looks like this. I have to turn on the headlights to go into the parking space.
Yesterday was almost, but not quite, lazy day. I did some housework early. Then Ian and I went over to visit my Dad. Ian sang "Amazing Grace" for Dad and he (Ian) added the extra verses. It was beautiful and so sweet. Ian loves my Dad and enjoys visiting him. Dad wouldn't let him do too much hugging on him. Dad told us he had this terrible cold. I did notice he coughed a bit, but not that much.

I came home, took a nap, went to the store, parked the car in the Bat Cave,(see picture) and just did this and that the rest of the day. I would read more at night, but I just can't see as well to read then.

I went to church, early service this morning. It was World Communion Sunday. I always enjoy the communion service we have on the first Sunday, anyway. In first service, we walk up to receive communion. At the later service, the bread and wine are passed down the rows. Yes, I know, it isn't really wine....but it is the fruit of the vine.

I went over to Will's and got a hug from each of the kids. The little ones were watching something in another room, but Ian hung around where Will and I were watching "Killer Ants" and he was waiting for "Killer Jellyfish" for the next hour....


Didn't rest too well last night. My back and hip are giving me fits again. I guess it is just the time of year for it.

I have some doctor's appointments this week and next. I guess getting a tune-up before the winter is appropriate. Friday I worked two hours, and I already have a sub job for Friday coming.


2 comments:

femminismo said...

Sorry your back and hip are hurting! That's no fun. I came by way of your sis, the "gourd sis," Candace. I'm another blogger who sometimes gets around a little. Take care of yourself - Jeanne

Candace said...

Hey there. Hope this next week finds *everything* improving. I have told everyone what a good singer Ian is. T and I still have the fans he "autographed" for us.
Take care.