Tuesday, August 19, 2008

And so it goes...another school year begins.


This blog is acting like it did a few days ago. There should be a picture, but maybe not.
Guess who came to my house to play yesterday. Yes!
It had been quite awhile since I had played "Hide and Seek,"" Red Light," and "Mother, May I." The rules are still about the same....unless it is Isabella's turn to be "it." She makes up her own rules.
I visited Dad today. He told me I look like one of his sisters, I asked which one and he said, "Well, all of them really." I had to laugh.
He was in good spirits and chatted awhile about nothing in particular. We talked about school and such. It is just best to talk about something in general most of the time and school qualifies as a common topic.
My phone at home is installed. Finally. I hope it works better than at the other place, but just in case, call me on the cell if you can't get through.
There is only one phone jack in this house, so if I am in another part of the house, it is hard to get into the office sometimes. There also is only one electrical outlet in this office...so strange--and old fashioned for today's electrical society.
I am hoping to figure out how to get the little tv to work here where I have my computer.
Still unpacking and bringing some things from the old place. I hope to be moved in entirely by,............um, Next April???
Today I have washed a few more windows, unpacked and placed things from two boxes and done some other things, nothing great since I spent nearly 3 hours on the road and visiting.
Got a dinner date, so gotta go get ready. Stay out of trouble.

No comments: