Monday, August 11, 2008

Keep on keeping on




I am still moving and cleaning, and wiping things down. I wasn't able to get much done yesterday. Unfortunately, at the last minute I was called upon to visit Dad although I wasn't planning to go over the weekend.


Dianne rode up with me and we stopped for a burger, but didn't dawdle. She is a good friend to do that. Dad wanted to walk down to the lobby, so we went down and talked to her for just a little bit. When we left, he patted her on the shoulder, called her "Sugar" and thanked her for coming to see him. She mentioned that she thought he was not in as good a shape as last time she saw him (earlier this summer).--Last time she went, he was in bed and didn't come down to the lobby.


Dad had an escape episode on Saturday and they called me from Harvey's. (We were right in the middle of moving things.) He was not as upset as he is sometimes. He was okay with me promising to come see him on Sunday.

Sunday morning, the nurse told me that he had given them a good scare earlier. He had gone down the hall and gotten into another man's bed. The assistants said they were already heading toward their cars to get out and look for him.

As usual, he was glad to see me. some of the more lucid residents wanted to know where I had been, they had missed me this week. I guess they had just missed seeing me when I went in mid-week.


I guess that is all I know. Except I entered these shots in one of our photo challenges in another group. It isn't a contest, just a sharing of a photo or photos.

The title was: "What's in your bag?"

No comments: