Monday, September 29, 2008

Just another crazy weekend.


Remember the green June bugs? We were talking about some of the "wildlife" you never see or hear of anymore and this later came to mind. My brother, Monty, was best at tying a string on them and letting them buzz 'round and 'round. When he wasn't around, I could do it, but not very well. I would try to get them to work for my sister,
Candace. We didn't have some of the fun things kids had in the cities to play with, I am sure, but I am betting many city kids wouldn't know what to do with a June bug.

I also remember literally clouds of Monarch butterflies crossing over the hills where we lived. Last time I saw any of them around was several years ago and there were probably less than 50 of them.
I sat in a line today for about 15 minutes to get gas. I had seen the tanker unload the gas, so when I finished with my group meeting (read that as lunch with 'the girls') I went back around and filled up.
So, to be sure no one is left out of the loop, I am reporting Saturday's activities here.
I had to go to the ER with AFIB Saturday afternoon. I was released about 10:45 the same night. I am okay, but they have to do the tests, etc. It (AFIB) woke me Saturday morning and it wouldn't get better even with me doubling the dose of the regular meds I take as I had been instructed. (I had it about 9 years ago and it has been controlled mostly with the meds I take) Midafternoon, when I had taken another of the meds, I called my friend who works there and she said go on over to get it checked out. It was beginning to cause some chest and back pain, I went on to the doctor's office. and they sent me to the ER via ambulance. I had a headache because it felt like I wasn't getting enough air.They gave me some baby aspirin, oxygen, and something else in the ambulance. Will and Jonathan got to the doctor's office before the ambulance left, and drove my car on over to the hospital. Will took the boys home and returned. The hospital is less than a mile from his house.The hospital has one of the best chest pain centers in the Southeast, so they took good care of me. My AFIB had improved some before arrival, so they gave me some kind of med intravenously, and my AFIB, and blood pressure dropped fairly soon. They ran the test for heart attack the two times they do that now (I learned quite a bit about new methods)Then they sent me home, so I am taking it easy for the next few days, too.
I have an appointment with the cardiologist on tomorrow (Tuesday). If anything is 'revealed' I will let you know. Catch you all later.

1 comment:

Candace said...

And how little our fingers were then... I remember the Monarchs too, from knee high up, up, up to mere dots in the sky... swarms of them, clouds of them! The last time I saw such a sight I was in college, back when the Earth was cooling.

Take care of yourself.