Sunday, September 7, 2008


You recently asked about things around my place, the family, and what is going on since you have been away.The grandchildren are fine, I have enclosed a picture. The shot was made this summer. Imagine them bigger, snaggled tooth, and just as active and silly. There! That's it, you have it.


The moving to the smaller place has gone well. I still have some boxes and items at the old place, but should have it all taken care of soon. I love the feel of the new place. It is much like living in the cottage in the country. On clear mornings and afternoons, the sun streams into the house and cheers me up so much. There are trees and birds and green grass now that it has rained a bit. I am thinking of planting some bulbs so there will be color in the spring.


Dad is doing fairly well considering he will be 92 in the fall. Jonathan and I went up to visit him today. He was napping and had trouble waking up to carry on a good conversation with us, but J managed to get a small laugh out of him. Humor is a blessing we can all use often.


I am subbing some days, but will be filling in for the couple I worked with during the summer, you remember that, don't you? She broke her arm and is not able to do any lifting and such. It is a good office to work in for me.


I have started the diet for Crohn's and it is working rather well, I think. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest, I think it is an 8 so far. The spasms are about gone, and the few I have had are minor. The pain has lessened by about 90%. Yes, maybe even a 9 on the scale. Who knew that the few things I felt I could eat were really causing me so many problems. I have printed the diet and sent it to several people I know. All I did was look it up online under the SCD diet, and it was easy to find.
That's about it for this week.
Cyn

1 comment:

Candace said...

This sounds good. Please take care of yourself. Doesn't that make such a difference? We always hope for and wish for the best, don't we? Sometimes... that's enough.

The family photo, so fun! Each expression on each kiddo so unique, so funny and sweet.