Wednesday, July 30, 2008

July in the South....HOT


Yes, I admit it once again. This blog is a way to shamelessly brag about my children and grandchildren and their friends...and my family.
I visited Dad this morning. I stood and talked to him trying to get him to wake up gently, but he was deeply asleep. I have found it is better not to wake him when he is this sleepy.
He is confused the rest of the day and gets irritable and cross---just like a kid. I will go back over in a few days. I left him a couple of homemade cookies in a ziplock bag on his bedside table.
Now, I am having a yard sale on Saturday. It will only be open for 4 hours....it is too hot to go too long. My plans are to thin out my penguins, the miniature teasets, my green things and other odds and ends. I have been thinking that I will be in a smaller place, so it will be good to thin out. Besides, it will give my children less to go through when I "go." ha!
I had a busy morning, did some packing, cleaning, etc. this afternoon. Life moves onward. BTW. A friend emailed me last night and asked me to sub for her the 4th day of school. Her husband has a doctor's appt and needs someone to go with him. I accepted. Of course, I won't get paid until the end of September, but it is a start. (Note to sil, Linda. I am heeding your advice after crunching the numbers)
We had rain again last night. I am hoping for it to hold off tonight and let us get the front lawn grass mowed. It will need it before the yard sale.Everyone will be at the beach for the rest of the weekend....except me and the dogs...all of them. I will go by and feed Will's big old yard dogs...Lucky me.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Wait till August... oh wait. I'm in it already! 102 down here today. Not fun...