Monday, July 28, 2008

Some Mondays are worse than others.

Lelani at her first birthday party.


Went to see Dad yesterday. He was in a good mood and somewhat chatty. Without any questions or prompting he told me how much he liked this place he is in now. I am glad he is content and hope the Medicaid lady and I can get things worked out next week. I have an appointment with her on next Tuesday---I think it is Tues.


I think the kid next door and his friends are trying to feud with me, but I am trying to ignore it...however, I find it hard to ignore that they probably smashed my mailbox with a baseball bat.I haven't spoken to them, Haven't said anything to them about cutting through my culvert to the street behind me, didn't say anything when the ball came across and hit something (Jonathan's car in the driveway--but it wasn't damaged--but they ran away) hit my house a couple of times yesterday afternoon. I did go outside when they hit the car and the house, but didn't say anything to them. Jonathan came out too, but he didn't say anything either.This morning Jonathan came back inside to tell me the mailbox was off the post and had been smashed. No one else on the street had a baseball bat (or a similar sized hard item) print in the side of it, no one else had their mailbox knocked off the post, but mine did. Guess I will have to go over and talk to the Dad. I haven't ever said anything to them, even though they come into my yard to play....Strange? Eh?


I had lunch out with the friends today. We went to Ruby Tuesday's. Small but fun group.


I made lots of phone calls about moving today, and got the keys to the house. I went by and measured some things, opened some closets to let them air out, and just figured out some other things. I guess I will be mostly ready when the date arrives.


William has asked me if I am interested in picking up the grands after school this year. It is about half what I make subbing, but several factors make it attractive: Less gas, mornings free, less hassle with not knowing where I am going and what I will be doing, less needed for the wardrobe, 'going' when my ulcerative colitis acts up. The down side is the money, and being sure I am paid on time. I am thinking upon it.


That is all for today. God bless

1 comment:

Candace said...

Do I need to come up and talk to the kids up close and very personal? Geez...

You take William up on that offer. I think you would end up enjoying and reaping rewards from it.

Our old friend Melody (you remember her?) died two days after Xmas last year. We just found out last evening. It was a rough night in Jericho over that one, I can tell you.

Take care and I will see you in two weeks.