Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Just what is normal???












"Whaddya mean I look like I got a hangover....you should be so lucky to look like this..."


I have been rather busy this morning. Lots to do in the housework corner. I didn't go to the recycle center this weekend, so I will do that today also. Got a load of laundry about ready for the dryer.

I read three of the lessons I am making questions for, so now I have to work on the questions. Fortunately, the first one is done and only needs a bit of revision. The class I worked with at one of the school's has kids with special needs so I think about them when I am working on this part of the lessons.

I know how I will approach the second and third one, so I will work on those today.

Dad was wearing a pair of the larger waist size pants yesterday, so I was glad that he had them. One of his meds has been changed, so he wasn't as annoyed and intolerant when I had to explain why he "couldn't go home to live," Who is dead or alive, etc. He was in a better frame of mind all together. Oh, he still wanted to know all those hard questions, but he didn't argue and keep asking the same ones over and over incessantly. One of the nurses and I agreed that when he started wanting to "go to work" she would ask him to push the broom down the halls. I figure he won't do it long at a time, and that way he will feel like he is doing something. I explained to her that he started out sweeping in the mill and this might be something he could manage some. Since he can't watch tv or do other things that the other residents do, but he is ambulatory on his own and so many of them are not, it is sort of reasonable that he gets bored and restless.

The honeymooners are going to get their marriage license completely signed tonight. Seems the minister failed to sign it....

The house that is being renovated is being painted a soft yellow. Brooke and I agreed that we both really liked the color. We didn't ask Jonathan...I guess we figured that he was okay with it since he didn't complain.

Time to dry the clothes.....

No comments: