Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A quiet afternoon....maybe


Today I went over and checked out my yahoo account. I don't remember checking it for the last two weeks. Stunning. There were 370 messages in that box. I can only do so much at a time, and continue to just be a little ball of energy here in my own world. They like me here, they understand me. Usually.
Edy the dog is getting better every day. She is still not 100%, but I am definitely encouraged about her making a complete recovery.
The kids and I were mostly able to stick to our list for the day. I didn't have to scold, give time out, or any other consequences today. We did have a slight change in plans in that they hadn't had breakfast. I averted a problem by getting them some mini-biscuits (from Chick-Fill-it-up) They drank water and were happy with it. Their Dad met me at the library and then we rode to Sonic for slushes as promised. All in all a good day with the kids. One funny thing I noticed, the two younger ones decided to help their big brother sing today....So they sang "Amazing Grapes."
Other than that, it is a quiet day at the compound...."Yeah, too quiet." Dinner last night was about a 7.75 on the 1-10 scale. I thought the salmon was a bit salty and I vaguely think I salted it twice. The squash casserole was very good. The biscuits were perfect. The marinaded cucumber was good. And the sugar free jello white chocolate pie was extra good. If you are familiar with WW points, it was about a 7 pt. dinner. (If you didn't eat the biscuit) Not too bad.
I don't particularly follow the WW diet, but it helps me to figure out things roughly. I am not on any diet. I just don't want to have to go buy bigger sizes.
Today I feel like a nap...c'ya

1 comment:

Candace said...

That photo is really cute, too. MY Kitty Boy does that when he is angling for a handout. The dinner sounded good, too.

More naps, please.

Take care!