Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summertime and the living is....Hotter 'n Heck

If you go outside, plan to be 'flat out' when you return to the inside...
It is hot, folks, but the weather persons (Wanna be politically correct) At least I didn't cuss them... has promised a bit of relief tomorrow. We need rain, soon, I am gonna' take off my top layer and do a rain dance out on the back lawn. If that doesn't work, you will read about me in the papers.

Edy is much better today. Still not well, but much better. I have to stick a pill down her throat soon...That oughta be interesting...for me--I don't know about her. She is perkier and wants to play a bit.

Ian and I went to visit Dad this morning and take care of some other things. Dad was sitting in the solarium with some of the other residents. "The Price is Right" was playing loudly on tv. He wasn't watching it, but I figure he can hear some of the sounds of it and be comfortable about it.

(I don't think I had put on this blog site that he and one of the weekend nurses have been singing--according to her--and they stood up in the hall and sang a very old 'revival' type song. Now if you know Dad, you know he can't be singing it on tune...but it sounded good to me. Just as good as the nurse's version, so I guess that was good)

Anyway, he was happy to see us. He thought Ian was Luke, but then he got it straight and didn't call him Luke but one other time. We went into the next room and Ian pulled out a chair for Dad to sit in, and then Ian stood on the little hearth there and sang "Carolina in the Morning" for Dad. By the end of it, Dad was ready to join in and sing, so he could hear it okay.
Ian sang the "Sandlapper" song next and by then, two or three of the workers had stopped to listen. He introduced Ian as one of his grandsons, then he corrected it and said it was his great grandson, and Dad pointed at me and said, "and that's his grandma." It really pleased the workers that he was so "into it."
I guess the sweetest part was when we were about to leave and Ian put his arm around Dad's shoulder and told him, "I love you, Pa Bill." And Dad answered that he loved him. Ian sang "Amazing Grace" all the way to Clemson, Now that was hard to keep dry eyes over...

I have finished the main part of the project. Some editing, finishing the 2 that are real nightmares, and uploading it onto the website should finish the job. I will be glad and hope that I get another summer job to do.

Later!

No comments: