Sunday, April 20, 2008

The day after.

The Lawn and garden shower for the soon to be marrieds (that is another new word I just made up) Was very nice. I had thought I would not know too many people, but it turns out I knew most of them. We had barbeque and it was good. I only ate a little because of the pain I was having earlier in the day. I didn't want to do anything to disturb the balance in my abdomen. I stood for over two hours and have only slight effect from that today, so that too, was good.
I got home about 10:20 and played games on here, then went to bed about midnight.
I visited Dad this morning and attended the Sunday School service with him. He was okay, not great, but okay. He really wanted to leave for awhile, but I had to keep telling him that the doctor wants him to stay there longer. He isn't supposed to be allowed to leave until he has been there for 90 days. Some kind of rule that Medicaid has. I have not heard from them, but figure I will soon enough.
I plan to read, do some housework, and sleep some this afternoon. That's the plan anyway.
The kids seemed to have had a good time last night. Ian got lots of entries for some thing his school is raffling. He was quite pleased. The two little girls that are going to be flower girls (both are nieces of the couple) decided to pretend they were already cousins. Isaac kept running around playing with the little brother of the girl cousin.
We did try a few lines of that old song about "Sandlapper" we mostly learned that the upstate kids mostly knew the song, but the ones from the sandhills didn't know the song at all. How is that for a farce?

No comments: