Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Commentary on the previous post.

Call Roz. Tell her to check the previous post. I don't know what happened, but I was too fascinated to try to change it.

I will be subbing in the autism class tomorrow. It is a good situation. Today was a good day subbing also. I didn't get too tired. Guess I needed that time off.

I have a gig for Friday, Monday, and next Friday. I was happy to get the days for next week. Maybe I will get more since I took the Pact training.

Okay, below is a poem I wrote quite some time ago. I am posting it to make up for the Elvis fiasco.

History of the poem. Terry and I (Terry is dead now, I miss him so much, He was British, BTW) had several writing contests. Sometimes we would just challenge each other. Very long story. Anyway, He said something to the effect about him being only "Half the writer you are..." So that was the idea and it took me about 10 minutes to throw this together at the same time he and I were on IM to each other. We would try to write in each other's writer's "voice." This sounds so fake to me with the British terms, but then his would sound so fake Americanized. We had fun.

HALF
This half bottle of wine has gone to my head,
I gotta get up now and get to my bed.

The room is spinning, or maybe it's me,
Oh, man, it just can't be half past three.

My dinner was done, more than half burned.
My stomach is beginning to rumble and churn.

The floor is not level or flat anymore,
The carpet is blocking half of the door.

If I could half see the way things pan out,
I would have left the wine, of that there's no doubt.

Oh, Geez, I'm in trouble, here comes a cop,
I think I'm half lit, Where's a good place to stop?

If I could get up and walk to the stairs,
Maybe I could half fool them by putting on airs.

Someone moved the sofa and the table, too.
Wow! They moved half the house, now what will I do?

I can just sit right here outside in the rain.
But then they will think, I have only half a brain.

"What's that you say? What do you mean by that?"
"How can I be half drunk? I don't even live in this flat!

1 comment:

Candace said...

You should definitely send that poem in somewhere fun! Your poetry is so good, always has been. Maybe We need to challenge each other.

Babe